- Nursing is a systematic, deliberate process directed towards assisting and group in promoting, maintaining and restoring maximum health potential and supporting the dignity of the individual in life. This process is based upon the combination if scientific knowledge and skills that consists of action that is independent but coordinated with other health care programs.
Concept of nursing is based on Indian Nursing Council’s definition which states that “the unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery (or to peaceful death) that he would perform unaided, had the necessary strength, will or knowledge, and to this, in such a way has help him gain independence as rapidly as possible.
The faculty of Nursing College pursue in belief that the basic course in nursing must necessarily be laid on sound medical and scientific foundation. Further the faculty of Nursing College believes:
1. That learning occurs not only in class room, but in the pee group and through participation in wide variety of extracurricular activities in different fields.
2. That Nursing is a profession, which is influenced by advances in Science and Technology.
3. That skill in all aspects of communication is essential for learning and for the practice of nursing.
4. That the nature of nursing education is such that substantial portion of students learning is acquired in clinical area.
5. That interdependence of Nursing with allied profession and occupation are necessary for promoting, maintaining and restoring health.
6. That the newly inducted person entering this pioneering profession must be guided for their brilliant career in nursing so that they may prove efficient in imparting services.